The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS), New Delhi has
organised an International Conference on the Theme "Entriprising
Community Education - Perspective for Open Schooling" at New Delhi
from 28 to 30 March, 2003. The Objectives of the Conference are
- To deliberate on strategies to identify models of community
education through open schooling
- Evolving Strategies of Networking among NGOs, Panchayati Raj
Institutions and Open Schooling Organisations.
- To evolve policy outlines, strategies and programmes for
holistic development of community in terms of (i) poverty
alleviation, (ii) promotion of social cohesion, (iii) strengthening
cultural and community values, and (iv) sensitization on global
The Conference proposes to deliberate on the following
- Models of Community Education through Schooling.
- Networking among Stakeholders in community Education - NGOs,
people's representatives, open schooling functionaries.
- Area intensive development through enterprising community
- Developing learners as potential entrepreneurs through Open
Vocational Education Programmes.
- Technology based sustainable enterprising community education
with particular focus on empowerment of women.
- Promoting innovative entrepreneurship in formal schooling.
It is expected that educationists, social workers, innovative
entrepreneurs, community leaders and people's representatives in
the local self-government from both India and abroad will
participate in the Conference.